Cricket Score Indicator is an AppIndicator which displays live cricket scores from ESPNcricinfo on the panel.
The indicator displays both international and domestic live cricket scores in the AppIndicator menu and allows you to set any match as the label (so the live score shows up directly on the panel).
Scorecards are available as submenus but they aren't displayed initially to reduce network usage. To enable scorecards, simply click on the "scorecard" submenu for any cricket match from the indicator and it should load the scorecard:
Cricket Score Indicator features:
- shows current score as indicator label;
- updated as soon as espncricinfo is updated;
- submenu shows the scorecard of corresponding match;
- categories for International and Domestic matches;
- option to set a particular match score as indicator label;
- adds new match as it is available and deletes the unavailable ones;
- Icon shows the runs scored on the last delivery of the corresponding match;
- Initially all submenus (scorecards) are hidden to reduce network usage.
Install Cricket Score Indicator in Ubuntu
Cricket Score Indicator has a PPA (available for Ubuntu 14.04, 15.04 and 15.10) which you can use to install the app and stay up to date with the latest app versions. To add the PPA and install Cricket Score Indicator, use the following commands:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:rawcoder/cricket-score-indicator
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install cricket-score-indicator
For other Linux distributions, you can install Cricket Score Indicator via Python PIP:
Or grab the source from HERE.
pip install -i http://ift.tt/12PVzLc cricket_score_indicator
Report any bugs you may find @ GitHub.
seen @ AskUbuntu
via Web Upd8 - Ubuntu / Linux blog http://ift.tt/1hPG9Rk