- added a plugin manager which allows easily enabling and disabling Nemo actions, extensions and scripts;
- all toolbar buttons now use symbolic icons (except pathbar icons);
- simplified context menus (with an option to show all available actions);
- improved thumbnail generation;
- bookmarks are now sortable;
- improved Preferences dialog;
- fixed support for org.freedesktop.FileManager1 dbus interface - this should allow apps that support opening a folder and highlighting a file in that folder to work properly (like Firefox - clicking on the folder icon from Downloads);
- added a simple transition when toggling the location bar/pathbar;
- show icons for templates in the "create new document" menu;
- show location entry when "/" is entered;
- file operations (such as 'copy') now use a queue system (paused until the previous job completes however, you can manually start new jobs).
Two more notes regarding the patched Nemo from the WebUpd8 PPA:
- in the Plugin Manager, you'll notice two "Change Desktop Background" Nemo actions - that's because one is for Unity and one for GNOME (Shell) and it's only used if you enable Nemo to draw the desktop;
- the "Create a new launcher here..." Nemo action only shows up in the Nemo context menu on the desktop and it requires gnome-panel to be installed or else it won't work.
Install Nemo 2.6 (with Unity patches and without Cinnamon dependencies) in Ubuntu
via Web Upd8 - Ubuntu / Linux blog http://ift.tt/1LNBWH7