elementary Tweaks is a tool especially created for elementary OS, which allows adjusting various "hidden" settings, such as changing the themes and fonts, accessing various Plank or Files settings and much more.
From elementary Tweaks, users can access the following settings:
- Appearance: change the window, GTK, icon and cursor themes, change the window buttons layout;
- change fonts;
- disable animations or change various animations duration;
- change focused/unfocused window shadows;
- Plank: change the dock's screen position, alignment, theme, hide delay and hide mode, icon size, enable Plank for the current workspace only, lock items and more;
- Files: disable single click, change date format and sidebar icon size;
- Slingshot: change the number of rows and columns;
- add/remove Cerbere watched processes (Cerbere monitors a predefined list of processes and relaunches them if they end);
- Terminal: change opacity and color scheme;
Since elementary Tweaks is available as a Switchboard plug (System Settings), it doesn't show up in the menu and instead, you'll find it in System Settings > Tweaks:
I'm sure many of you are already familiar with elementary Tweaks but with the elementary OS 0.3 Freya release, the distro will get many new users which will look for ways to change the themes, move the dock or change the window buttons layout and they might not know about this small but very useful tool.
Install elementary Tweaks in elementary OS 0.3 Freya
To add the elementary Tweaks PPA and install the app in elementary OS Freya, use the following commands:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:mpstark/elementary-tweaks-daily
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install elementary-tweaks
Report any bugs you may find @ Launchpad.
via Web Upd8 - Ubuntu / Linux blog http://ift.tt/1zcSx00