Aug 15, 2017
Aug 11, 2017
YouTube-DL GUI features include:
- options to select the video and audio format;
- post-processing options such as: extract audio from video file, embed thumbnail in audio file, add metadata, select audio quality;
- can embed subtitles into the video file (mp4 only);
- configurable filename format for the downloaded audio/video file;
- supports authentication;
- allows using a proxy;
- can specify user agent and referrer;
- supports passing extra youtube-dl command line options.
YouTUbe-DL GUI automatically downloads (and updates) the youtube-dl binary so you don't have to worry about having an old youtube-dl that no longer works. By default, the binary is saved under the ~/.config/youtube-dlg directory.
For post-processing, the application uses FFmpeg, so you'll need this installed for some options, like merging DASH files, etc.
Changes in YouTube-DL GUI 0.4:
- new user interface;
- easier format selection (now available directly in the main UI, and not in the app settings);
- easier save path selection (now available directly in the main UI, and not in the app settings);
- added new options to move item in queue, pause, play, delete, pause, etc.;
- added new supported youtube-dl options: -v, --ignore-config, --hls-prefer-native, --no-mtime, etc.;
- added option for embedding thumbnails to audio files;
- support for new output templates;
- added generic video formats (3gp, mp4, webm, etc..);
- added dynamic format options: the "default" format option in the UI downloads the best available format ("best" option in youtube-dl), while setting the default format as well as enabling the 'Extract audio from video file' option will download the best audio ("bestaudio" option in youtube-dl) available;
- calculate final size of post process files;
- extract final extension after merging process;
- extract final extension after recording process;
- bug fixes and various other changes.
For more information, see the YouTube-DL GUI changelog.
Install YouTube-DL GUI in Ubuntu or Linux Mint
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:nilarimogard/webupd8
sudo apt update
sudo apt install youtube-dlg
For other Linux distributions and Windows, see the YouTube-DL GUI GitHub page.
via Web Upd8 - Ubuntu / Linux blog http://ift.tt/2hPMcui
Aug 10, 2017
Among the changes in Nemo 3.4 are:
- separate processes for Nemo and the desktop handling;
- a new desktop icon mode is available: desktop grid. This new mode allows changing the icon size (smaller, normal, larger) as well as the icon orientation (horizontal or vertical), sort by name, date, type or size, auto-arrange or manual layout, and align to grid;
- simpler date formats for the last modified column in list view;
- wildcard support in file searches;
- Firefox-like support for middle-click and Ctrl key in Nemo navigation buttons to open new tabs;
- you can now change the desktop font (font face and size). To do this, use Dconf Editor (under org > nemo > desktop > font);
- other improvements and bug fixes.
Install Nemo 3.4 without Cinnamon dependencies and with Unity patches in Ubuntu 17.04 or 16.04
via Web Upd8 - Ubuntu / Linux blog http://ift.tt/2vpxRYD
Jul 31, 2017
YouTube, the second largest search engine after Google, offers extremely powerful search commands but there’s one important search functionality that YouTube is yet to include in its mobile app for both Android & iPhone.
You cannot search for videos within a specific YouTube channel while using YouTube on a mobile phone or tablet. For instance, if you would like to search for Tesla videos that were uploaded on the MKBHD channel, you simply can’t do that from your mobile phone.
This search-within-channel feature has been available for long on YouTube’s desktop website – see screenshot – but none of the YouTube apps have it yet. This is surprising considering the fact that more than half of video views on YouTube now come from mobile devices.
That’s where our mini YouTube search engine can help. Sign-in with your YouTube account, enter a search query, select any YouTube channel that you are subscribed to and it will show a list of all matching videos within the selected channel.
The app builds a list of all channels that you are currently subscribed to and prepares a nice drop-down with the channels sorted by name. The drop-down also features the channel icons so it is easier for you to find the channel you are looking for.
Also, if you have multiple YouTube accounts, you can click the “Logout” link to sign-out from the current account and log in to any other account. The app requests read-only access to your YouTube account and does not store any of your data anywhere.
If you are a desktop uses, you’ll probably never need this site but for mobile users, our mini YouTube search engine could be worth bookmarking until YouTube incorporates this missing feature to their native apps.
Related: How to Copy YouTube Playlists
via Digital Inspiration Technology Blog http://ift.tt/2wdU8Ys
Jul 29, 2017
You have lots of files in your Google Drive and it can take some effort to find that elusive file you’ve been looking for. For instance, how do you quickly find the sales presentation that James shared with you last week? Or how do you locate a specific resume among the hundreds of other PDF files in your Google Drive folders?
Like Gmail and Twitter, Google Drive supports a plethora of advanced search operators that will help you quickly find the exact file you’ve been looking for. You can use search operators on the Google Drive website and the Drive mobile apps. Chrome users can type drive.google.com in the search bar, press tab and enter the search query.
How Search Works in Google Drive
Google Drive, by default, will return files where the search query matches the file’s title, the content or the file’s description. It can also identify objects inside photos so a search for “birthday” may retrieve images of cakes in your Drive.
Drive will also perform a OCR and search for text inside images and scanned PDFs. I have stored a scanned copy of my Aadhaar card in Google Drive. I only remember the first few digits of my Aadhaar number but that is sufficient to locate the scanned image of the card in Drive.
How to Find Files in your Google Drive
You can use search operators to filter your search results in Google Drive. Multiple search operators can be combined with boolean operators like AND or OR (in capitals) to further narrow down your results and find the exact file or document you’ve been looking for.
Google Drive Search Tips & Tricks
Find Google spreadsheets shared by your colleague James
Find Photos or Images containing photos of cakes
type:image owner:me cakes
Find files in trash that were modified today
Find PDF files that are shared with me
Find files that are shared with me and added to my Google Drive
Find all folders in my Google Drive that are created by me
Find presentations that I’ve shared with my secretary
Find all files that I’ve recently viewed or added in Google Drive
Click “Recent” in the sidebar or use this link
Bonus Tip: Find the biggest files in Google Drive
Gmail offers the larger_than and smaller_than search operator to find all the space-hogging emails in your account. Google Drive offers no search by size operator buy you can use this special link – http://ift.tt/1yjGn44 – to sort files by size and the ones taking the most space would be listed at the top.
via Digital Inspiration Technology Blog http://ift.tt/2v69Jwv
Jul 28, 2017
Introducing Gmail Address Extractor, a web app that parses email messages in your Gmail mailbox, finds all the email addresses in them and stores the list in a Google Sheet. You can export the sheet as a CSV file and import into Google Contacts, Outlook address book, MailChimp, or any other mailing list software.
The online extractor app can find email addresses that are contained in the message body, the email signature, the subject line and the FROM, TO, CC, BCC & Reply-To fields of the email message. The app cannot, however, extract emails from file attachments.
Getting started is easy and requires no software installation. Just go to emailextract.pro and sign-in with your Gmail or Google Inbox account. You can also sign with your G Suite (Google Apps) account.
The app can pull email addresses from any label in your Gmail account or you can specify advanced search criteria and email addresses would only be extracted from the matching email threads. For instance, you could set the advanced search rule as from:paypal newer_than:7d and only PayPal emails received in the last week will be processed.
You can extract email addresses from messages that come via form submissions, email addresses of customers that are found inside the PayPal and Stripe receipts, email addresses of your newsletter subscribers and so on.
If you would like to extract email addresses from all Gmail folders in one go, choose “Anywhere” in the label drop-down.
After you’ve specified the search criteria, you need to select the email fields for extraction and the destination Google Sheet where the email addresses would be saved. The sheet will automatically remove any duplicate email addresses that it may encounter during the extraction.
Once the email addresses are in the Google Sheet, you can use filters inside sheets to exclude addresses from certain domains.
The extractor app is completely free for lite users if you need to process less than 300 email messages. For large mailboxes, the pricing is $29 USD and you can process an unlimited number of email threads with the paid edition.
The app is also available as a Gmail addon in the Google Store. It works with Gmail only but if you can import your Yahoo or Outlook email message into Gmail, the addon can process them as well.
Also see: Save Gmail Messages in Google Drive
via Digital Inspiration Technology Blog http://ift.tt/2vPjiNH
Jul 26, 2017
Facebook Messenger, with more than a billion monthly users. enables brands to have real-time one-on-one conversations with their customers. Businesses can also embed Facebook messenger buttons on their website and visitors, whether they have a pre-sales question or need to resolve an issue, can initiate a conversation with the simple click of a button.
The only downside with embedded buttons is that visitors will have to exit your website to send a message through Facebook Messenger. Wouldn’t it be nice if people could stay on your website and yet be able to message you through Facebook?
Well, that’s possible with the help of the Facebook chat widget (demo). The widget sits in the corner of your page and when someone clicks the Facebook Messenger icon, a non-intrusive chat window pops up where visitors can type and send you a private message.
Here’s a live demo of the Facebook chat widget.
Embed Facebook Chat Widget
It takes one easy step to integrate the Facebook Chat widget in your website.
All you to do is copy-paste the simple piece of code below anywhere in your website template and it will add the widget to all your pages. Remember to replace digitalinspiration with the vanity URL (name) of your own Facebook page.
When visitors send a message via the Facebook Chat widget, it goes right to the inbox of your Facebook Page. As the business owner, you can install the Facebook Pages Manager app on your mobile phone to view and respond to messages. The customer will be notified of your response inside their Facebook Messenger app.
The message history is preserved forever, there’s no limit on the number of messages you can receive in a day and your page can simultaneously receive pages from multiple visitors. The widget also invites the visitor to like your Facebook Page.
One more thing. If the web page is using an ad blocker or if they have disabled social plugins, the widget nicely defaults to the messenger button.
via Digital Inspiration Technology Blog http://ift.tt/2h2gw4n
Jun 26, 2017
Choosing a best and Affordable Florist is really difficult task but we made it really easy for you , no need to search and compare any where .We offer Cake Delivery Online and Flower Delivery Online in India . Giftcarry is India's Well known Florist.We do Flowers, Gifts & Cakes Delivery across all cities of India. We promise a delivery within 4-6 hours across India with FREE shipping!!
We offers same day delivery for finest range of flowers. Order and send flowers to make every occasion special.
Delivering Smiles To Your Loved Ones Across India.
- Same Day Delivery
- Mid Night Delivery
- 100% Fresh Flowers
- 100% Fresh Cakes
- 25% OFF
- Free Delivery
- Delivery Across all major cities of India
- Online Card payment N Paytm Accepted
- custom Orders accepted
- Photo Cakes Available
- flower delivery
- order flowers
- online flower delivery
- order flowers online
- send flowers online
- flowers for delivery
- online cake delivery
- cakes online
- buy flowers online
- deliver flowers
- order cake online
- send flowers
- online cake delivery in bangalore
- cake delivery in bangalore
- flowers to send
- online cake
- flower delivery in bangalore
- flower bouquet delivery
- send cake online
- flowers online
- flowers to deliver
- online bouquet delivery
- flower gift
- cake delivery online
- online flowers
- same day flower delivery
- online cake delivery bangalore
- online flower delivery in bangalore
- flowers online delivery
- cake online delivery
- same day delivery flowers
- same day flowers
- same day delivery gifts
- next day flowers
- flower bouquet online
- flower delivery bangalore
- next day delivery flowers
- flowers delivered today
- online cake order
- birthday cake delivery
- next day flower delivery
- florist delivery
- online cake delivery in delhi
- flowers to order
- flowers same day delivery
- roses delivery
- online delivery of cakes
- send roses online
- best flower delivery
- send flowers today
- cake order online
- flowers next day delivery
- cake delivery in delhi
- deliver roses
- send gifts online
- flowers and cake delivery
- online gift delivery
- buy flowers
- cake delivery
- delivery of flowers
- order flowers for delivery
- rose delivery
- bouquet delivery
- cake and flower delivery
- order birthday cake online
- online cake and flower delivery
- flower deliveries
- flowers online bangalore
- bouquet online delivery
- online birthday cake
- birthday cake online
- best online flowers
- flowers and chocolate delivery
- deliver flowers online
- online delivery of flowers
- online flower delivery bangalore
- birthday flowers
- cake online order
- flower gift delivery
- flowers to be delivered
- birthday cake online order
- birthday cake flowers
- send roses
- birthday flowers delivery
- bouquet delivery in bangalore
- flowers delivered tomorrow
- online flower delivery in delhi
- flower delivery same day
- home delivery flowers
- fresh flower delivery
- delivery roses
- online bouquet delivery in bangalore
- flower delivery in mumbai
- deliver flowers today
- flower shop
- flower delivery online
- gift flowers online
- flower bouquet
- order roses
- birthday cake order online
Jun 14, 2017
Other ANoise features include:
- default sounds: rain, wind, storm, fire, forest, night, coffee shop and sea;
- it remembers your last played ambient noise between reboots;
- includes a sleep timer as well as an option to start automatically on system startup;
- unlike some websites that offer the same functionality, ANoise works without an Internet connection;
- supports custom sounds. You can copy extra ambient noises (ogg, mp3 or wav) into the ~/ANoise or ~/.ANoise folder and the application should be able to use them (you can also add a .png with the same name as the audio file to be used in the Ubuntu Sound Menu);
- extra ambient noise packs are available in its PPA.
Install ANoise in Ubuntu or Linux Mint
To add the Ambient Noise PPA and install the application in Ubuntu or Linux Mint, use the following commands:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:costales/anoise
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install anoise gir1.2-webkit-3.0
Note that the default ANoise sounds package is about 100 MiB in size!
sudo apt install anoise-gui
sudo apt install anoise-community-extension1 anoise-community-extension2 anoise-community-extension3 anoise-community-extension4
Here's what they contain:
- anoise-community-extension1: river sound;
- anoise-community-extension2: old air conditioner, large boat, house fan, fountain, forest rain, fishing boat, dump truck idling and diesel motor sounds;
- anoise-community-extension3: white, pink, brown OSSL and brown noises;
- anoise-community-extension4: pinery wind, old dam waterfall, thunderstorm, stoney creek, rideau river, lake superior, lake huron, frogs, dinosaur drain and coon creek sounds.
For more about Ambient Noise, see its web page.
via Web Upd8 - Ubuntu / Linux blog http://ift.tt/2tlXfMK
Tool To Create Bootable Windows USB Stick From Linux `WinUSB` (Fork) Renamed To `WoeUSB`, Sees New Release
- Legacy / MBR-style / IBM PC compatible bootmode;
- Native UEFI booting is supported for Windows 7 and later images (with a limitation: only FAT filesystem can be used as the target filesystem).
- support for both wxWidgets 2 and 3;
- use pkexec instead of gksudo for privilege escalation;
- UEFI boot support;
- numerous bug fixes.
Some newer WoeUSB changes include:
- support customizing the --label of the newly created filesystem in --format mode;
- implement checking on target filesystem in --install mode;
- command line: check if target media is busy before continuing and bail out when the target partition is mounted;
- support Linux distributions that uses "grub2" as prefix name, such as Fedora;
- --install and --format installation options are deprecated in favor of --partition and --device, to be more clear what both options will do. The old options will still be available until WoeUSB v3.0;
- from now on, GRUB will pause when the ENTER key is used before starting to load Windows. This is useful if you want to see if there are errors in the GRUB loading stage.
Also, since the application name has changed, the executables have changed as well: "woeusbgui" for the GUI and "woeusb" for the command line tool.
You can see what's new in each new WoeUSB release (there were 13 new releases for the past 2 days) on GitHub.
Despite the major code refactoring and numerous bug fixes, I still encountered an error using the WoeUSB GUI, which I also found in the original WinUSB. When the Windows USB stick is completed, WoeUSB displayed the following message: "Installation failed ! Exit code: 256". This bug was closed on GitHub and it looks like it doesn't affect the actual Windows USB stick in any way.
In my test, I was able to install Windows 10 64bit in VirtualBox (on an Ubuntu 17.04 host) despite this error.
Install WoeUSB in Ubuntu or Linux Mint via PPA
WoeUSB is available in the main WebUpd8 PPA, for Ubuntu 17.04, 16.10, 16.04 or 14.04 / Linux Mint 18.x or 17.x. To add the PPA and install WoeUSB, use the following commands:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:nilarimogard/webupd8
sudo apt update
sudo apt install woeusb
If you don't want to add the PPA, you can grab the latest WoeUSB deb from HERE (you'll only need the "woeusb" deb; the "winusb" deb is there as a transitional dummy package, so those that had the old fork installed will receive the new WoeUSB package as an update).
For how to build WoeUSB from source, report bugs, etc., see its GitHub page.
via Web Upd8 - Ubuntu / Linux blog http://ift.tt/2rr0RAf